Who is the Wizard?

My mission is to research, study, and disseminate science-based information about dog, cat, and small animal nutrition with honesty and integrity to help create a society with healthier pets, and more informed, empowered pet owners.

Tryniti T.

Well hello there! My name is Tryniti - and I'm looking forward to empowering you as a pet owner!

I provide a number of services for pet owners, including low-cost Food Analyses and Nutrition Consults. I also provide, through an Edublog, an Anchor podcast, and my Facebook groups, accessible, free, and most importantly, accurate, information to pet lovers; especially those interested and invested in their pet's nutrition. The study and research I perform, as well as the consultations and support I provide, are focused on the nutrition and physiology of dogs, cats, and small pets (i.e. rabbits, guinea pigs). While much of the beneficial nutrition we learn about dogs can also be applied to us, I am not a human nutritionist; I am not trained to assist with nutrition for humans, reptiles, birds, fish, horses and other farm animals, or exotic pets. 

I have been passionate about animals since I was a little girl. And I have compassion for any creature that is suffering, in pain, or simply not happy.

Because I have become enamored with the study, research, and understanding of pet nutrition and helping pet owners, I spent six years learning and working under a DVM with a hard focus on nutrition, Dr. Katy Miller; the in-staff vet for a well known natural, Northwest Pet Supply store.

After I left this company, I got to work on my own time to obtain proper certifications from veterinary nutritionists and experts with Phds, and I continue to learn, far beyond what any traditional vet has learned about animal nutrition.

I have the freedom to really get serious about animal nutrition, and so I got serious.

I've received certifications on pet nutrition specialist courses from Canine Nutritionist Nina Luu, educators Holly & Hugo, and DVM Jean Dodds. I've also completed three nutrition specialist courses from DNM Pro, in Raw Food, Pet Nutrition, and Advanced Canine Nutrition, presented by Dogs Naturally founder Dana Scott. 

Those courses were created by Dr. Marion Smart, PhD in Nutrition, & DVM with a residency in clinical pathology, who studied large breed puppy nutrition and soil nutrients at Guelph, and developed the first companion animal nutrition elective at an accredited vet college! This is the expert who teaches nutrition to veterinarians - and I have lots of training under my belt from her and other pet nutrition experts.

My next course will be an 8 month educational journey from Cat Lane, CVM.

It's important that I be clear that I am not here to advocate for specific pet food brands, and that I am not, and never will be, sponsored by any brand of pet food. I am also not here to bash on any particular brand. I am here to provide coaching on your pet's nutrition, analyze foods, treats, and supplements, as well as walk you through how to make dietary changes safely, while providing recommendations for diets based on certain conditions and needs. My supportive research will be only for other pet owners or those interested in companion animal nutrition, and will be powered monetarily only by those pet owners, and other individuals that wish to support my ability to continue doing what I do - empower you and help your pets!

If & when a food I've analyzed is shown to be poor quality, it is not an opinion on the brand itself, but simply a determination of the quality of the food based on ingredients, order and calculated amount of ingredients and their metabolizable energy from different macronutrients, as well as the transparency of information from the manufacturer, and safety and quality determined in the processes used to make the food.

How a pet food is made and formulated and where it's ingredients are sourced affect its digestibility, it's quality, reliability, bioavailability, and the impact it has on the microbiome, the pet's immunity and internal organs, and general health.

I know this because I have training in dog and cat physiology, immunology, biology, and nutrition. I also have in-depth training on ingredient analysis, label reading and energy calculations. My pet passions (pun intended) include diabetes, obesity, and urinary tract issues in dogs and cats. I also have some training with a certification in small pet nutrition (rabbits, guinea pigs, rats, etc.) from Holly & Hugo. I have spent nearly a decade in this field, performing consultations for pet owners on diet and supplement needs, as well as making recommendations based on current best knowledge.

I want EVERYONE to be a Wizard when it comes to their own pet's health. So let's work together to empower each other with knowledge, and feed that inner scientist (and child) by allowing your curiosity to take you to new heights! We love our dogs, our cats, and our small furry pets of all kinds - and it's time we took more control of their health and stop leaving it all in the hands of pet food manufacturers that are willing to sacrifice our furry family member's health for the sake of making a buck.

Remember...

Nutrition is magic!